Amoxicillin Capsules contain amoxicillin as the active ingredient which belongs to a class of antibiotics called ‘penicillins’.
Amoxicillin capsules is used for
Treating infections caused by certain bacteria. It is also used with other medicines to treat Helicobacter pylori infection and ulcers of the small intestines.
Amoxicillin capsules is a penicillin antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Do NOT use amoxicillin capsules if:
• you are allergic to any ingredient in amoxicillin capsules or another penicillin antibiotic (eg, ampicillin)
• you have infectious mononucleosis (mono)
• you are taking a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, doxycycline)
Before using amoxicillin capsules
Some medical conditions may interact with amoxicillin capsules. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
• if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
• if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
• if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
• if you have a history of asthma, hay fever, or hives
• if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, breathing difficulties, dizziness) to a cephalosporin (eg, cephalexin) or another beta-lactam antibiotic (eg, imipenem)
• if you have kidney problems or gonorrhea
How to use amoxicillin capsules:
Use amoxicillin capsules as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
• Take amoxicillin capsules by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
• To clear up your infection completely, take amoxicillin capsules for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
• If you miss a dose of amoxicillin capsules, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.